Field Based Customer Support Engineer (Wales / Northern Ireland)
We are a leading technology-based company with many years’ experience in providing specialist products and solutions for the mission critical Emergency Services industry and other related markets. Our operating brands, including MedServ, MedSupply, Insight, and Asset Finance, give us the ability to flex and adapt to our customers’ demands, helping support our mission to continually improve and deliver better health outcomes for all.
We are looking to recruit Field Based Service Engineers based in Northern Ireland and Wales to work within our MedServ Department and support our ongoing engineering activities within client regions. Working closely with our central Engineering team, the post holder will provide immediate and responsive support to our customer base, helping keep our Emergency Service colleagues operational at all times. Further, the post holder will work closely with our Customer Success Managers and Clinical Application Specialist colleagues to feedback any relevant information on customer requirements to support our continued drive to give our partners the best possible experience in using our products.
The post holder will work with a broad spectrum of stakeholders and customers and be expected to communicate at both a technical and operational level. The position will involve working closely with our teams throughout the Group, but a willingness to self-manage is a prerequisite.
We have offices situated in Nottinghamshire, Suffolk, and Clackmannanshire. This role will be field based and therefore a driving licence is mandatory. The core operating hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5 pm, but some flexibility will be required to support the business needs.
- You will be responsible for the servicing, calibration and repair of our suite of medical devices across customer regions.
- Work closely with the Head of Medical Engineering and Team Leader to best plan workload and site visits
- Undertake and execute engineering activities in accordance with quality standards expected of medical engineers
- Undertake and participate in MedServ Quality Improvement activities
- You will be responsible for liaising with customers to arrange site visits, ensuring there are enough devices present to warrant attendance at a workshop/station/hospital.
- React and support customers across the UK when required (in the rare event of a Field Safety Corrective Action)
- Updating and maintaining our Medical Device Database of all work activities in accordance with Group Policies and Processes
- Supporting customers with any technical queries remotely or when on site
- Communicating with relevant Ortus colleagues to initiate support from other Departments where queries materialise that relate to clinical performance of devices, or orders and shipments for example
- Feedback any identified common issues (outside of engineering issues) to support Ortus deliver a more holistic support service
- Comply with internal policies and reporting procedures to support Ortus carry out is Vigilance obligations
- Record, manage and monitor own stock levels, undertaking stock takes where required and requesting replenishment in a timely manner to make the most efficient use of time on the road.
- Attend all relevant training and development activities specified by Ortus, Manufacturers and Customers. Some travel could be overseas.
- Attend Ortus offices to support Engineering activities where needed to support business objectives, undertake training and meetings.
Skills & Qualifications
- A strong background in Medical Engineering and/or other industries where engineering quality is a demonstrable pillar of daily work activites
- Digitally literate – cloud services, use of engineering databases, Microsoft Office suite etc.
- Able to manipulate and analyse data to make informed decisions
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to follow technical instructions/ manuals
- Proactive, confident and a strong willingness to positively engage with customers
- Resilient and professional in the face of stressful working environments (active ambulance stations etc).
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload
- Engineering/ technical qualification of Level 3 (e.g ONC) or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of defibrillator/ monitors, AEDs and Ventilators
Competitive salary, Employee Benefits including Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Death in Service, Critical Illness, Income Protection, 23 days Annual Leave Plus Bank Holidays and an optional Holiday Buy Scheme.
If you are looking for a new position and feel that you have the necessary skills please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are only recruiting for positions based in Northern Ireland or Wales currently.