Field Service Engineer (Vehicle Telematics)
The Ortus Group is looking to recruit a Field Service Engineer with proven engineering experience in automotive electrical installations, with a desire to work alongside the R&D team analysing vehicle data and OBD networks. Due to our rapid expansion this is an exciting new role to complement the existing operations team within the group working on a variety of projects both on-site and office based.
We are a technology-based company with many years’ experience in providing specialist products and solutions for the Mission Critical Emergency Services industry and other related markets. Our extensive portfolio includes Telematics, Medical Supply, Asset Finance and Medical Servicing, this allows us to be both fluid and reactive.
We have offices situated in Nottinghamshire, Essex/Suffolk Border and Clackmannanshire. The role will be based from our office at Worksop but will require frequent travel throughout the UK visiting various sites and will include overnight stays. A vehicle will be provided. Our core operating hours are 9am to 5pm, however the role will require flexibility around working patterns to fit with our clients and a willingness to self-manage is a prerequisite.
- Working at client sites installing & commissioning Telematics systems
- Testing and checking electrical system installations on specialist vehicles
- Running diagnostics on vehicle systems to troubleshoot issues
- Work alongside customer technicians to deliver training
- Work with vehicle converters to develop and approve installation processes/documents
- Technical support for 3rd party installers/technicians
- Supporting other business areas with automotive installation requirements
- Working with the existing engineering team to detect and manage device failures
- Analyse customer data to create reports
Skills & Qualifications
- Experienced auto-electrician with strong automotive electronics background
- Strong decision-making, communication and organisational skills
- Proven experience of logical fault finding and vehicle diagnostic processes
- Excellent analytical skills
- Understanding of vehicle electrical systems including CANBUS
- A full clean driving licence is essential
- Qualified auto electrician with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite particularly Word/Excel
- Experience in processing and understanding data
- Previous experience in the following would be an advantage: (1) Installation of vehicle tracking/telematics system. (2) Working with Emergency Services vehicles. (3) Qualification or working to FCS-1362 standards.
Employee Benefits Package including Company Bonus, Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Death in Service, Critical Illness, Income Protection
We carryout profiling on any candidates that are shortlisted for this role.
If you are looking for a new position and feel that you have the necessary skills please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org